The Making of Woman.
Etching 27cm x 18cm
1. Zink is washed out of the oil.
2. Use Sugar lift to draw on it, do not touch the places that you want to be light.
3. Cover it with varnish.
4. Give it a good wash with the boiled water.
5. Spray the plate with aquatint.
6. Place the plate into the acid for deep etch for 15 seconds, after wash and dry.
7. Cover the 2nd tones with varnish and place it to the same varnish for another 15 seconds, wash and dry after.
8. Cover the 3rd tones and again 15 seconds in the acid.
9. Cover the 4th tones and repeat the 15 seconds in the acid.
10. Cover the plate with varnish but leave the tones, which you want to be intense black. This time place it in the acid for 60 seconds, wash and dry.
11. Cover it with the etch ink and gradually wipe out.
12. Make first proves; see if more sugar lift works are needed.
13. For some colour use Chine collee paper. Glue it with the rise paste and just before printing, place the dry paper onto the right place on the plate. Then it is very important to place the paper on it without moving the Chine collee paper.
14. Dry the art piece under the pressure at least for another 24 hours.
Please follow me on